- Get emotional and excited over every trifling occurrence, especially if it is no concern of yours.
- Eat and drink indiscriminately.
- Cut down your sleep. This is an excellent way to undermine the nervous system.
- Never relax. Relaxation gives the body a chance to recuperate.
- Avoid all exercise. Exercise promotes circulation.
- Read as much as you can about diseases and ailments.
- Discuss your own ailments at great length and, if you have had an operation, give dramatic little lectures about it at every opportunity.
- Take good care of your dog, and your horse, and your automobile, but neglect your body. The Bible says that your body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit, and to go against the Bible is always a good shortcut to trouble.
…If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee…for I am the Lord that healeth thee.