What to expect from your chelation treatment at The Whole Health Center Houston:
- We give chelation via an I.V. drip in your arm. The drip usually lasts from 1 to 2 hours, and is usually painless. You will be reclining in a “Lazy Boy” during the I.V. You may nap, read, work on your laptop, walk around, and go to the bathroom during the I.V.
- We ask, if possible, that you abstain from talking on your cell phone when other patients are in the I.V. room.
- It is best to eat a good meal prior to the I.V. and bring snacks to eat, as the chelation tends to lower your blood sugar for an hour or two.
- If you’re having a urine heavy metal test after your chelation, you will be given a kit to collect your urine and mail to the lab. The instructions are in the kit.
- Some patients report fatigue and/or sleepiness the day after the first chelation, so it may be wise to lighten your schedule for the day after the I.V.
- Chelation takes toxic metals such as lead and mercury out of the body, but it also takes some of the good minerals such as calcium and magnesium. We recommend “Spectramine Chelates” (available at our office), which contain a mixture of good minerals approximating what chelation wastes. Please start “Spectramine” about 2 hours after your I.V. and take one with every meal for at least a week.