In my practice I have found caffeine to be the culprit in many cases of fatigue, nervousness, stress, and “arthritis”.
Caffeine in coffee, tea, and soft drinks is often responsible for the drained, tired feeling that many people have. Caffeine stimulates the adrenal glands and gives us a quick burst of energy. The price we pay is adrenal exhaustion, which then leads to chronic fatigue, allergies, and muscle and joint aches and pains.
People who drink caffeine often feel stressed, impatient, and hurried. Many have trouble sleeping or relaxing, and most of them are also unable to focus their minds on anything but one thing at a time. Many thoughts seem to rush into their minds all at once. They are prone to tension headaches and migraines.
Caffeine is a nasty, addicting, damaging substance and should be avoided. You’ll suffer withdrawal symptoms when getting off caffeine, but it’s well worth it.
Herbal teas are healthy alternatives to caffeine. Herbal teas can help you balance your system and tone you up. They are more medicinal and effective if drunk plain, but may be made more palatable by adding lime, lemon, and/or honey to them.
Here are some popular ones:
- Chamomile – for nerves, sleep, and digestion. Good for pregnant women.
- Ginseng – for energy, hypoglycemia, and headaches.
- Alfalfa – soothing, cleansing, good for arthritis.
- Peppermint – soothing, helps aches and pains. Good for stomach problems.
- Ginger, Lavender, Marjoram, Slippery Elm, and many other herbs make useful teas.
Your health food store carries a variety of these healthy beverages, with information about their uses.