We view allergies as a symptom not an illness.
Allergies are due to one or more of the following problems:
- Adrenal gland weakness
- Excess histamine intake
- Deficient histamine elimination
- Immune system dysfunction
- Abnormal bacterial balance in the gastrointestinal tract (dysbiosis)
Our approach to the treatment of allergies consists of determining which one(s) of the problems listed above are present and then eliminating them. We do food allergy tests using a blood sample (please see detailed description below).
We use natural products to renew the adrenals, lower the histamine with diet and natural substances, and de-sensitize with oral allergens, etc.
Allergic reactions, whether they are triggered by our environment or the food we eat, are mediated by histamine. Antihistamine medicines (most over the counter allergy medications) block histamine temporarily but do not help in getting rid of histamine, and may even increase it. Therefore, it is necessary to reduce the amount of histamine in your body to get rid of allergies.
- Histamine comes from the amino acid histidine which is a component of all animal protein. The more histidine you eat, the more histamine you’ll have, and the more allergic you’ll become.
- To reduce your histamine levels, you have to eliminate or drastically decrease your intake of all animal protein such as shellfish, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, beef, veal, etc. If it’s protein and it comes from an animal source, it’s made of histamine, and you should avoid it, at least when you’re having symptoms. Soy and oats also contain histamine.
- Histamine is eliminated through the bowels, so the more veggies and fruits you eat and the more bowel movements you have, the quicker you’ll get over the allergy.
- Acupuncture and reflexology also help.
- It is important that you strengthen your adrenal glands. Your adrenals produce adrenaline and cortisone, both of which block the effect of histamine and eliminate allergy symptoms. To help your adrenals, you need more sleep, 50 mg of B-complex and 250 mg of pantothenic acid daily, as well as Quercertin 500 mg and vitamin C 1000 mg every 8 hours. Green tea can also be very helpful.
- Bio Allers is a homeopathic remedy from the health food store. It comes is “dander”, “pollen”, “dust”, etc. Choose your type and use per label instructions.
- Avoid caffeine and sugar. These “burn out” your adrenals.
- Rest, relax, and sleep a lot. This helps the adrenals.
- Avoid stress. Stress damages the adrenals.
- If you have congestion, post nasal drip, or other mucus related symptoms, remove all dairy products from your diet. Dairy products are very rich in histamine. They also produce a lot of mucus. All animal protein should be eliminated.
- Rubbing Eucalyptus oil or “Vick’s Vapor Rub” on your hands and breathing it in can quickly relieve congestion.
- Increase your fiber intake. You want to have two or more firm bowel movements per day since histamine is eliminated through the bowels. Consider having colonics, since this will cleanse your body so that it will not produce as much mucus.
- Do not worry about your calcium intake. Now that you have stopped eating animal products, you will get plenty of calcium from all of the dark green vegetables that you are eating.
Comprehensive Antibody Assessment
The Comprehensive Antibody Assessment is unique. It targets not only likely causes of immediate (IgE) allergic reactions, but also possible sources of delayed (IgG) reactions — the so-called “hidden allergies,” whose effects may not show up for hours or even days after exposure to an antigenic substance. Hidden allergies can trigger a wide range of symptoms in virtually every part of the body.
Using state-of-the-art ELISA technology, the Comprehensive Antibody Assessment identifies hypersensitivities to over 120 of the most commonly encountered types of food and environmental substances. Test results come with a personalized treatment plan for food allergy called True Relief: A medically advanced rotation diet guide. This innovative and flexible guide clearly explains the principles behind food allergies, rotation diet, elimination and reintroduction of foods, and allows patients to see at a glance what their problem foods and dietary choices are.
The Comprehensive Antibody Assessment is also valuable as a preventive measure for patients who are not currently experiencing the overt symptoms of an allergic reaction. It can reveal unsuspected food allergies which, if ignored, may place cumulative stress on the immune system over time — setting the stage for the development of more severe illness in the future.