As of April of 2017, Dr. Manso retired from practicing medicine. However, his clinic continues to thrive under the direction of Dr. Valeska Wells. You can visit the clinic website here.
Growing up in Cuba and later practicing medicine in Asia and Europe, I became familiar with many effective forms of natural healing.
Nevertheless, until 1980, I practiced mostly the Western, American Medical Association type of medicine that I was taught at the University of Texas Medical Branch.
In the early 1980’s an extremely knowledgeable expert in natural healing and nutrition came to work with me by divine providence. She patiently and skillfully guided me through books, seminars and workshops in natural healing. She helped me to network with the right people, and taught me on a daily basis. She also introduced me to the Bible. The Scriptures rapidly transformed my philosophy, my medical practice and my life.
The results were so gratifying, that I have been immersed in the study and practice of alternative medicine and the Scriptures since then. I am pleased to be able to offer our patients the most effective methods of Western as well as Alternative Medicine.
Training and Experience
- Medical Doctor Degree: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX.
- Board Certified Family Practice: American Board of Family Practice (1975 – 2005).
- Assistant Professor Alternative/Complementary Medicine, UT MB, Galveston (1998 – 2010).
- Assistant Professor, Dept of Family Medicine, UT Med School Houston (1980 – 2010).
- Fellow, American Academy of Family Practice
- Listed in “Who’s Who in the World” and “Who’s Who in Medicine and Science” as a pioneer in Alternative and Holistic Medicine.
- Over 40 years of full time, intensive study and practice of medicine, including 30 years of alternative, integrative and holistic medicine
- Board Re-Certified, American Board of Family Practice by office record review and extensive written examinations in Internal Medicine, Gynecology and Pediatrics in 1983, 1990 and 1998
- Licensed Texas Board of Medical Examiners.
- Member Harris County Medical Society
- Member Texas Medical Association
- NOT A MEMBER OF THE AMA
- Rotating Internship, Memorial Baptist Hospital, Houston: 1 year
- Tropical and Infectious Diseases: 1 year OJT USAF, Vietnam
- Aerospace Medicine: 2 years OJT USAF Europe
- Orthopedic Surgery: 2 years OJT USAF Europe
- Full time practice of medicine 1970 – present
- Over 150,000 patient visits
- Over 800 hours of Post Graduate Medical Education, earning the A. M. A. Physicians Recognition Award every year since 1975
- Former Chief of the Medical Staff at Cochran County Hospital
- Former President of Medical Staff at Tidelands General Hospital
- Former Personal Physician to US Ambassador to Spain
- Has performed hundreds of surgical procedures
- Has trained and supervised hundreds of medical doctors, residents, interns and senior medical students.